Social Security Disability Answers

What kind of evidence do I need to supply to Social Security?

You must supply medical evidence showing you have an impairment and how severe it is during the time period you say you were disabled. Remember, Social Security will only consider the impairments you say you have or have provided them evidence of. So make sure you tell Social Security about any medical and/or mental health condition that affects your ability work or limits you. Social Security can help you get this medical evidence but you must help them and give them permission to request it from your doctors.

What questions must I answer from Social Security?

You should want to answer Social Security’s questions. They will ask about your education and training. You need to tell them about your work experience. You need to describe your daily activities before and after the beginning date of your disability. You need to explain your efforts to work and the problems you have have had. Provide any evidence you have that shows how your impairments affects your ability to work.

William Wombacher, Social Security Disability Specialist. Call me at 309-674-8125, visit at

Serving Peoria, East Peoria, Peoria Heights, Pekin, Dunlap, Chillicothe, Morton, Washington, Metamora, Canton, Galesburg, Lacon, Henry, Bloomington, Normal and surrounding cities and counties of Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Fulton and Knox Counties in Central Illinois.


RSS Feed

I Make Home &
Hospital Visits

Schedule A
Free Consult

Let Me Help

The Law Office of William C. Wombacher

Local: 309-674-8125
Fax: 309-674-8149

Commerce Bank Building
416 Main Street Suite 700
Peoria, IL 61602
NELF | National Elder Law Foundation
CAP | Council of Advanced Practitioners | NAELA | National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
Illinois State Bar Association