There Are Specific Requirements For Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
One of those requirements is having a disability that shows up on the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) list of medical impairments. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to determine whether your disability is on the list and is severe enough to make you eligible for benefits. Talking to a lawyer prior to filling out your application can help increase your chances of success.
My name is William C. Wombacher, and I know the frustration many people go through when applying for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. I have helped hundreds of people in and around Peoria, Illinois, obtain these benefits, I can help you too.
I assist clients with their initial application process as well as represent them for appeals. 70 percent of all SSD applications are rejected the first time around. If your application has been rejected, I will work diligently to prove your case so you are accepted the second time.
What Kinds Of Disabilities Qualify?
A wide variety of physical and mental disabilities are included on the SSA’s list of impairments, including:
- Musculoskeletal issues, such as severe back pain, spinal injuries and diseases, amputations and paralysis
- Cardiovascular issues, including heart disease, heart attacks and heart defects
- Digestive issues, like liver problems, Crohn’s disease and kidney failure
- Neurological issues, including traumatic brain injury (TBI), multiple sclerosis and epilepsy
- Disorders of the immune system, such as HIV/Aids, inflammatory arthritis and lupus
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety or panic attacks
I have been in practice for more than 35 years and am intimately familiar with the SSA’s list of impairments, as well as the level of severity they consider debilitating. I will sit down with you to discuss your disability and how it affects your ability to work. If you need to have your condition assessed, I can help you find appropriate medical treatment so you can get the correct documentation for your SSD application.
I Can Help You Assess Your Eligibility For Benefits
Call The Law Office of William C. Wombacher at 309-674-8125 or send me an email to schedule your free consultation. You do not pay attorney fees unless you receive benefits. If you are unable to make it to my office, I will come to you.