Protecting Your Wealth For Your Family

A trust is a good way to ensure that your family receives the property and assets you worked so hard to provide for them. A lawyer can help you determine what type of trust to use and how to have it administered.

I random1

My name is William C. Wombacher, and I can help you create a trust that fits your needs and serves the interests of yourself and your family. During my 35 years of practice, I have helped hundreds of families in and around Peoria, Illinois, preserve their wealth and ensure their own well-being through the use of estate planning and elder law. I will do the same for you and your family.

What Can A Trust Do For Me?

A trust can be administered much like a will, stating how you would like your property and assets distributed amongst your heirs. Unlike a will, which becomes public record, a trust is private. This means information about you and your family will be protected from scrutiny. Putting your property and assets into a trust also means that portion of your estate is not subject to probate, which can save your family money.

I can craft a trust document that specifies your wishes and protects your wealth for your family. I can also make special provisions for administration of the trust so you can dictate when disbursements occur or how they are to be used. I draft a variety of trusts, including:

  • Revocable or living trusts — These allow you to amend the trust while you are still alive. There may be tax implications with this type of trust.
  • Irrevocable trusts — These trusts cannot be altered once they are put in place, but they are not usually subject to estate taxes.
  • Disclaimer trusts — These are used so your surviving spouse can disclaim property and pass it on to the trust without tax penalties.
  • Bypass trusts — These pass your wealth onto the trust instead of your spouse, and pays him or her principal or income for the rest of his or her life.
  • Special needs trusts — To provide for a mentally or physically disabled child or adult at your death to insure they do not lose their benefits.
  • Education trusts — For the education of children or grandchildren.
  • Specialized Medicaid trusts — As part of Medicaid planning.

Work With An Attorney To Find The Best Solution For Your Situation

Call The Law Office of William C. Wombacher at 309-674-8125 or toll free at 888-365-0852 or send me an email to schedule a free consultation. If you are unable to make it to my office, I will come to you.


I Make Home &
Hospital Visits

Schedule A
Free Consult

Let Me Help

The Law Office of William C. Wombacher

Local: 309-674-8125
Toll Free: 888-365-0852
Fax: 309-674-8149

Commerce Bank Building
416 Main Street Suite 700
Peoria, IL 61602
Icon Facebook
Icon Blogger
Logo Nelf
Logo Cap Naela
Logo Nosscr
Best Probate Attorneys in Peoria
Illinois State Bar Association