What are the two most important legal documents a person with Alzheimer’s needs?

Clearly to two most important documents that person with Alzheimer’s or any form of dementia need are a power of attorney for health care and a power of attorney for property. They are written documents by which a person can authorize one or more persons to take actions on their behalf during their lifetime. It is important to understand that they are not a substitute for a will or trust that takes effect at your death.

The POA for Healthcare is an advance directive that provides for a person to make healthcare decisions for you when you can not do it yourself. This many times involves end of life preferences.

APOA for Property involves authorizing someone to handle financial matters for you. This may involve banking and investment decisions and actions but it can also involve the sale of real estate or doing other kinds of financial planning for you including sometimes medicaid planning.

William Wombacher, your Central Illinois Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) and Social Security Disability Specialist. I’ll help you!
Call me at 309-674-8125, visit at www.wombacherlaw.com

Serving Peoria, East Peoria, Peoria Heights, Pekin, Dunlap, Chillicothe, Morton, Washington, Metamora, Canton, Galesburg, Lacon, Henry, Bloomington, Normal and surrounding cities and counties of Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Fulton and Knox Counties in Central Illinois.


RSS Feed

I Make Home &
Hospital Visits

Schedule A
Free Consult

Let Me Help

The Law Office of William C. Wombacher

Local: 309-674-8125
Fax: 309-674-8149

Commerce Bank Building
416 Main Street Suite 700
Peoria, IL 61602
NELF | National Elder Law Foundation
CAP | Council of Advanced Practitioners | NAELA | National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
Illinois State Bar Association
Rated by | Super Lawyers | William C. Wombacher | SuperLawyers.com
Rated by | Super Lawyers | William C. Wombacher | 15 Years