Who does Social Security want medical evidence from in determining whether you are disabled?

The following are acceptable medical sources

•Licensed physicians (medical or osteopathic doctors).

•Licensed or certified psychologists.

•School psychologists, or other licensed or certified individuals with other titles who perform the same function as a school psychologist in a school setting for impairments of intellectual disability.

•Licensed optometrists for impairments of visual disorders.

•Licensed podiatrists for impairments of the foot, or foot and ankle only.

•Qualified speech-language pathologists (SLPs) for speech or language impairments. only.

• licensed physician assistants (PA) for impairments within the licensed scope of practice only.

•licensed audiologists for impairments of hearing loss, auditory processing disorders, and balance disorders.

•licensed Advanced Registered Nurses (APRN), also known in some States as Advanced Practice Nurse (APN).

William Wombacher, your Central Illinois Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) and Social Security Disability Specialist. I’ll help you!
Call me at 309-674-8125, visit at www.wombacherlaw.com

Serving Peoria, East Peoria, Peoria Heights, Pekin, Dunlap, Chillicothe, Morton, Washington, Metamora, Canton, Galesburg, Lacon, Henry, Bloomington, Normal and surrounding cities and counties of Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Fulton and Knox Counties in Central Illinois.


RSS Feed

I Make Home &
Hospital Visits

Schedule A
Free Consult

Let Me Help

The Law Office of William C. Wombacher

Local: 309-674-8125
Fax: 309-674-8149

Commerce Bank Building
416 Main Street Suite 700
Peoria, IL 61602
NELF | National Elder Law Foundation
CAP | Council of Advanced Practitioners | NAELA | National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
Illinois State Bar Association